The International City residential district is going to have a lot of homes and stores that are themed after different countries. The plans include ten districts (or “clusters”) for each country: China; England, with buildings that look like traditional London buildings; France, with residential blocks with long French windows, red and grey bricks, and pilasters or half-columns; Persia, in the middle of the residential district; Greece; Russia, the northernmost residential district; Spain, with three- and four-story buildings with traditional stucco exteriors; Morocco; Italy; The buildings in the Central District have security, pools, private parking, gyms, parks, and places to shop. The Lake District is another area.
A 240,000-square-meter shopping mall with parking for 2,000 cars has been built to the north of the China Cluster. It was designed to look like the Forbidden City in Beijing, China.
Nakheel Properties built Chinamex’s DragonMart, which is a big mall where Chinese products can be bought in bulk. The mall has done well financially, so a second one, called “Dragon Mart 2,” has been built next to the first one. It has 175,000 square metres of space and 4,500 parking spots. In December 2015, the project was done.
Warsan Village, which opened in 2013, is on the edge of International City. There are 942 townhouses and 250 apartments in this area of International City. The work was done in the third quarter of 2019.
Nearby, there are a number of hospitals and medical clinics. Eye and medical tests for commercial taxi drivers and new drivers can be done at Apple International Polyclinic. These tests are required by the Road and Transport Authority in Dubai. The Municipality of Dubai has recently put in place rules that will help a lot with the number of Shisha parlours that are in many buildings.
International City is located in Al Warsan Village, which is close to some of the liveliest communities in Dubai like Academic City, Al Warqa, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area, and Dubai Silicon Oasis. Being close to these places makes International City’s location quite exceptional.
Average Rental Prices
|AED 18,000/year||AED 24,000/year||AED 32,000/year||AED 74,000/year|
Average Sale Prices
|AED 160,000||AED 200,000||AED 300,000||AED 1,100,000|
Beyond its appearance, International City is attractive because of how many attractions and well-known locations it is nearby. Here are a few of these locations along with travel times to get there:
- Academic City: 10 minutes away
- Dubai Silicon Oasis: 12 minutes away
- Dubai International Airport: 15 minutes away
- Downtown Dubai: 20 minutes away
- Dubai Marina: 30 minutes away.
Transportation is not a problem for those without cars. Here are the top modes of transportation offered there.
There are four buses that connect International City to other Dubai neighbourhoods. The buses are as follows:
- Bus 300 includes 20 stops within International City, allowing for convenient movement across the community.
- The International City to Silicon Oasis and neighbouring districts route 365 bus.
- Bus X23 connects International City with Ras Al Khor.
- The Bus 53 will take you to Dubai Festival City.
Unfortunately, there is no metro station in International City Dubai, although there is a station close. The Rashidiya metro station is the closest station. You may take a taxi or Bus 365 to reach your destination.
You can either take a regular cab or an Uber/Careem to get to your destination.
International City is filled to the brim with modern amenities designed to make your life as comfortable as possible. Here is what you may expect to enjoy in the community:
- Medical clinics
- Dragon Mart shopping mall
- Al Warsan Lake
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Parking spaces
Clinics and Hospitals
Rest assured—International City has outstanding medical centres and clinics:
- Dr. Shanil Medical Center (China Cluster, C-12, S-1-3, Behind Dragon Mart)
- Dental Care Clinic (Central Business District D05 Zone)
- GlobeHealth Poly Clinic (Prime Residency ii, GS04)
- BetterCare Medical Center (Morocco District)
- Aster Specialty Clinic (Russia District)
International City’s eateries are its best feature. International City’s greatest restaurants serve many cuisines:
- Dyar Al Sham Restaurant (Zomato rating 4.0, Lebanese, Russia Cluster)
- Intizar Restaurant (Zomato rating 3.8, Chinese, China Cluster)
- Jabi’s Restaurant (Zomato rating 3.5, Pakistani, Indian, France Cluster)
- Pak Jinnah Sweets & Restaurant (Zomato resting 3.8, Pakistani, Persia Cluster)
- Soy to Chutney (Zomato rating 3.5, Kebab, Chinese, Greece Cluster)
- Sharafuddin (Zomato rating 3.5, Bangladeshi, China Cluster)